Wednesday 12 September 2012

The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton

Have you ever wanted to slide down the middle of a magical tree?


 Joe, Beth and Frannie have just moved houses and have discovered a Magical tree. This tree involves meeting new, very weird friends and getting to know very strange places.  This Tree has odd people living inside it and there are bizarre places and things at the top where they are always get up to no good.

The Magic Faraway Tree is a great novel and my favourite character is the clumsy Saucepan man, he is so noisy! Clumsy is a man who loves sauce pans and kettles so much that he attaches them to himself with a rope. 

The main setting of the story is the faraway tree and the magical worlds that exist above.   From the way the children speak it sounds as if the Novel is set in the 1950’s.  I think that this is a great novel for younger students that would like an easier read.


3 comments:

  1. I love all of the strong verbs and adjectives you've used, as well as constantly mentioning the magical world.
    Great work Louisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this book ! I read it all the time when I was little, I still admire it now! I love the magic involved, it's a book where you can escape the world to imagine a magical and admiring place. My favourite character is Mr Saucepan aswell, what a clumsy moon faced man ! Haha ! Love the blog, well done Louisa! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Enid Blyton! This book sounds like it will take its readers on a magic filled journey. Your book blog has really described what happens in the book without giving to much away and why we should all read it. Lovely :D

    ReplyDelete