Wednesday 12 September 2012

Once


Have you ever been in a near death experience or watched one of your friends or family members die by Nazi soldiers?

In the book Once, by Morris Gleitzman, Felix, a boy who had escaped an orphanage and who is searching for his dead parents, found a young girl called Zelda. They are both travelling to the city not knowing anything about the war that is going on around them.

Felix is a boy that loves story telling while using his imagination. At the beginning of the book, Felix rescued Zelda from a raging fire where her parents were killed. Felix treats her as his little sister. On the way to the city they get adopted by a group of survivors, but soon get captured by Nazis.

This book is set in Poland during the Second World War in 1942. The message of this book is to be great full for what you have and to appreciate your family and friends.

When I first read this book I was shocked as well as being amazed with what happened during that war. I was also stunned with how much information I learnt from the book.

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I loved how you used strong verbs and adjectives. This book is an amazing book and anyone who would read your blog would be inspired to read it!
    Great work Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did really good on the blog vicky well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book blog is really good! i loved how you used lots of strong verbs and adjectives. It sounds like an amazing book and I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book but now I want to read it again! You have described to great lengths. You engaged me right from the beginning to the very end. The rhetorical question at the beginning was a great idea that really engaged me. Loved it Vicky!!! :D

    ReplyDelete