Tuesday 18 September 2012

I'd tell you I love you but then I'd have to kill you


Could you imagine having to lie to the one you love?

How many books are there about teen spys facing problems about having a normal life?  LOTS! But I think this spy book by Ally Carter is best of them all! 

Cammie is a teenaged girl in an undercover spy school.  Facing issues every teenager goes through as she meets her first true love, Josh. Cammie pretends to be an ordinary girl with an ordinary family. Not that Josh knows, but Cammie is an intelligent girl that tracks his every move. Trying to keep Josh a secret from her mother and her school, she sneaks out at any opportunity she can.

Cammie is a very intelligent and caring girl who looks like any other teen on the street. She behaves like a lady as she has been taught to be a very mature young woman. The book doesn’t give much of her appearance but I think Cammie looks like an ordinary girl that doesnt care what she looks like or what others think of her. Cammie seems very sweet and loves being a spy but at times also wants a normal life with normal friends and a normal family. 

The book was set in Roseville in a modern day time period. The message of the book was that be your true self and not pretend to be anyone else. People love you because you are you.

I loved the book as I love the whole spy theme. I liked how she made up all these lies about herself and how Cammie was finally witnessing a normal life when she was with Josh. This book perfect for girls of the age of 11-18 as it is a very easy read and a bit of a romance. Many class mates have also read this book and kept reading the whole series. So, I loved the book and I would recommend it to girls aged 11-18. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This book looks great! I really like books with a spy theme too and by the way you described it, I think this could be my next book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this book is GREAT. I've read it before, and the way that you described it, is exactly how i remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is an amazing spy book. As soon as I read it I couldn't put it down. This is definitely one of the best series I have ever read!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book was a fantastic book i have read it before and i really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete