Thursday 13 September 2012

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging


Imagine if your little sister kept putting your cat in the freezer, and your parents kept on embarrassing you with their cheesy jokes and dancing round and round the kitchen.

Imagine if the most sweetest boy walks into your classroom, but has already been taken by the most popular girl in school.
Georgia, a 14 year old girl has to put up with this in her life…..

Angus, thongs and perfect snogging  by Louise Rennison  is an entertaining, hilarious diary of a 14 year old girl called Georgia Nicolson . She writes about her life as a teen, and the twists and turns that occur throughout the year.
Georgia is a bubbly, dramatic character. She lives with her family in  England, her parents love her… but can be a little embarrassing around Georgia and her three best friends. 
There are many embarrassing moments that happen to Georgia throughout the novel…. She even dresses up as a stuffed olive for a party!
At first Georgia falls for a new boy called Robbie, and does the most craziest things just to get noticed by him. But soon after, her friend Jas betrays her and starts to spend most of her time with Robbie's brother Tom. Jas and Georgia have a massive fight And don’t talk to each other again.
 It's nearly Georgia's birthday, and She has no friends, no Robbie…. Her parents aren't letting the party go ahead if its in a club and everyone in the school thinks she's mad as a hatter. what will Georgia do?

I thought this book was really enjoyable and it really reflects on a teens life through high school.

6 comments:

  1. Great Job Sophie!
    I think you did a really good job to explain the main plot. I've only watched the movie but now I would like to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the movie of the book and I really love it ! I love how the book has alot of funny moments in it that cheers you up ! I especially like the part when her sister but her cat Angus in the fridge ! Such a great book !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have watched the movie 3 times on you tube and love it you explained it really well

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a really good job of describing the book and the plot. I've watched the movie many times but now i really want to read the book

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a funny, interesting read! I love the way that you started with getting to reader to imagine what the protagonists life would be like. It instantly captivated me. I look forward to reading this book and the rest in the series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the book sounds really interesting and i'm reading it at the moment and I think it's great, I really like her personality.

    ReplyDelete