Thursday 14 June 2012

Seen all the Queen's Jubilee celebrations?

What might it be like to be queen?

It's 1939, Europe is on the verge of war and Princess Margaret begins a diary to record her wartime experiences.

But more exciting is her sister Elizabeth's blossoming romance with Prince Philip of Greece.

Will there be a fairy tale ending?







This is a funny story about the queen finding books in her life.







What about queens in the past?


"I do not remember when I discovered how my mother died, it seems to be something I always knew, a horror I absorbed through my skin."

Determined, passionate and headstrong, Elizabeth I shaped the destiny of a kingdom.








 Told in the voice of the young Elizabeth and ending when she is crowned queen











This is a page-turning tale of the intense rivalry between two powerful women, the Scottish Queen Mary Stuart and Queen Elizabeth of England, of noble blood.








This is a fascinating tale of religious bigotry, plots and passion - and the unquestioning loyalty of a small
Scottish terrier of Queen Mary.





Very few people probably know that Queen Victoria made the wearing of underpants popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment